–> Printable PDF Copy <–
Greater Shreveport Bossier Auto Auction offers Post Sale Inspections (PSI) as a tool to provide dealers with assurance and peace of mind for wholesale auction purchases. The inspection will meet current NAAA standards with exceptions (see rules and list of exceptions below).
Green light vehicles that run at Greater Shreveport Bossier Auto Auction are eligible for a PSI (exclusions apply). Yellow light vehicles are eligible for a PSI excluding the announced items. A vehicle sold on a Green light does not automatically grant the right to a PSI to the purchaser. No vehicles over 150,000 miles qualify for a PSI.
The following are excluded and not covered under the PSI policy:
- Any AS-IS vehicle
- Sale price under $3,000 or greater than $50,000
- Vehicles 7 years or older
- Diesel Trucks with more than 50,000 miles
- Vehicles with odometer greater than 150,000 miles regardless of representation by seller.
- Modified vehicles- including Homemade vehicles and Kit Vehicles
- Recreational Vehicles (as determined by GSBAA management)
- Heavy Trucks & Equipment
- Vehicles or conditions specifically excluded in the most current NAAA Arbitration Policy
We will offer post-sale inspections on: Cadillac, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Infinity that are 5 years or less and no more than 100,000 miles.
$75.00 for 7 day** Power Train Only
**Day 1 is the Date of Sale- Please allow 1 Extra business day to complete PSI if needed by the auction.
GREEN LIGHT purchases on the internet via OVE or Pipeline that meet the vehicle requirements of the PSI policy.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to contact the auction and request a PSI on any vehicles purchased in lane or online. The auction will not order a PSI for a vehicle without the buyer’s approval or request.
The following items and areas are included as part of the purchased PSI. The checklist applies to non-wear & tear related defects that cost singularly $500 or greater to repair or replace (including visible damage).
- Odometer verification
- Engine function and operation
- Transmission engages and functions
- 4×4 system engagement
- ABS/Brakes function
- Emission control equipment present
- Frame or Unibody structure visually inspected
- Electrical accessories (factory installed original OEM parts) checked for function on vehicles up to 4 years old and costs less than $500 per single component.
- Convertible top
- Automatic Sliding Doors
- Power Windows
- Air Conditioning on vehicles less than 100,000 miles and 4 years old or less.
- Front and Rear differential (excluding vehicles with common differential noise- see NAAA policy)
- Airbag/ Supplemental restraint system
- Inspect for flood damage
- The GSBAA Post-Sale Inspection guarantees the operation and function of the items inspected in the GSBAA PSI policy. Only Powertrain items are guaranteed for 7 days after the date of sale. If an item on the list qualifies for the 7-day window, GSBAA reserves the right to repair/replace the malfunctioning item up to $800 in parts/labor.
PSI Terms and Conditions
- The buyer is responsible for the PSI fee regardless of whether it passes or fails inspection.
- The buyer is responsible to communicate the need for PSI of vehicle up to 2 hours after the last vehicle is sold on sale day in order to ensure inspection.
- GSBAA cannot guarantee PSI will be performed if buyer does not give notification to front office in the allotted time frame.
- Unit repair cost is defined as the auction’s cost to repair.
- If a vehicle fails the PSI, the buyer has the option to stay with the sale, at which point the sale will be processed “As-IS” from that point forward.
- If a vehicle fails PSI, the buyer may arbitrate the vehicle.
- If a vehicle is returned, it must be in the same or better condition that when purchased with less than 200 miles accumulated since the time of sale.
- GSBAA will not be responsible for reimbursement costs of transportation, reconditioning, or other work/expenses performed on vehicles that are returned.
- If GSBAA terms and conditions are not satisfied the current NAAA policy will apply to any and all disputes.
- The guarantees and provisions apply solely to the original purchaser of the PSI. PSI guarantees cannot be transferred among subsequent purchasers of the vehicle. Any guarantee by GSBAA is considered voided once the vehicle is re-sold.
- GSBAA reserves the right to modify, alter, terminate, or discontinue the PSI policy at any time with or without notice.
-Any repairs under Post Sale Guarantee must be approved by Auction. Single item defects less than $500 are deemed minor and not subject to arbitration.
Refusal of Post Sale Inspection
Refusal of an inspection will make that purchase “AS IS”. This will be subject only to arbitration under NAAA rules. All vehicles sold under $3000 are “AS IS” regardless of which light may be on during the auction.
ONLINE BUYERS- IF YOU PURCHASE A VEHICLE ONLINE THAT RUNS UNDER A GREEN LIGHT OR PTO GREEN LIGHT AND IT DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR PSI. GSBAA WILL TEST DRIVE THE VEHICLE TO ENSURE IT WILL NOT FAIL ARBITRATION. THIS IS NOT A PSI, THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE. THIS IS A COURTESY TO THE ONLINE BUYER THAT IF THEY BUY A GREEN LIGHT CAR IT WILL BE TEST DRIVEN BEFORE THE ARBITRATION DEADLINE ENDS. IF A VEHICLE IS FOUND TO HAVE AN ISSUE THAT WOULD ALLOW IT TO BE ARBITRATED, WE WILL DO SO FOR THE BUYER AND NOTIFY ALL PARTIES INVOLVED. PLEASE SEE THE NEWEST NAAA ARBITRATION RULES FOR REFERENCE. THE FEE WILL BE $50 FOR THIS SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HAVE THIS SERVICE PROVIDED PLEASE CONTACT THE AUCTION AND LET US KNOW. THIS SERVICE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO ONLINE BUYERS. THANK YOU.
Auction is not liable for frame damage that could not be detected through visual inspection. Drivetrain is limited to Motor, Rear-End, Transmission, and 4×4. Noises or conditions that are inherent or typical to a particular model or manufacturer are not covered by this guarantee. All items on the checklist are guaranteed in Post-Sale Inspection for seven days after the sale day (sale day is day 1). If an item or part that was included in the inspection fails during the guarantee time period, the item or part will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of GSBAA up to $800 in cost. The Post-Sale Inspection is NOT a buy back policy, but a guarantee that the operation and function of the specific items inspected on the vehicle. The Post-Sale Inspection is not an extension of the GSBAA or NAAA arbitration policies.
The items on the GSBAA PSI Checklist apply to defects that are singularly $500 or more to repair or replace.
GSBAA reserves the right to refuse PSI of any vehicle at their discretion.
GSBAA management reserves the right to limit the number of PSI’s a buyer is allowed to purchase. GSBAA reserves the right to modify, alter, terminate, or discontinue the PSI policy at any time with or without notice.
**The following vehicles are not eligible for a Post-Sale Inspection (included but not limited to): Commercial vehicles at auction discretion, 6.0 Ford Diesels, 6.4 Ford Diesels, All Electric Vehicles including Hybrids, Mercedes AMG, S, SL, SLC class vehicles; any BMW M Series, all Porsche, Aston Martin, Bentley, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Land Rover/Range Rover, Lotus, Maserati, Maybach, McLaren, Tesla & Rolls Royce models.